Thursday, January 11, 2018

Lady Bird

Image result for lady bird


Over the weekend, Lady Bird won a Golden Globe for Best Picture - Comedy or Musical, and an enormous wave pride swept over Sacramento as we watched Greta Gerwig give her acceptance speech. “I want to thank my mom and dad and the people of Sacramento, who gave me roots and wings and helped me get where I am today,” she exclaimed in tears. “Thank you, thank you!”




I watched the movie with my brother over the Thanksgiving break and it quickly became one of my favorite movies. Not just because it's set in my hometown, but it perfectly captures what's it like to grow-up, can't wait to leave, and yet knowing how much you really love your childhood environment. I've loved Greta Gerwig's work in Francis Ha and Saoirse Ronan in Brooklyn, so this was my perfect cocktail.